Dental veneers are made from thin pieces of porcelain crafted to the shape of the tooth. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Typically considered a non-invasive cosmetic dental procedure, there are many benefits of custom veneers. A significant advantage is that they will match the color and texture of your natural teeth - they feel natural. Additionally, veneers can:
- Help align crooked or misaligned teeth
- Enhance the appearance and improve the surface of your teeth
- Close gaps and unwanted spaces between teeth
- Reshape and repair teeth that have been chipped or damaged
- Enhance your smile
- Whiten discolored or stained tooth enamel to create a beautiful uniform smile
- Correct teeth that are too small or large
What to Expect
Veneers can be an alternative to crowns and dental implants. They are a discreet option and are considered the ideal solution for treating many dental conditions.
Getting veneers for your teeth can change your entire appearance. You will need to pick out the kind you want before your first dental visit. The different types are:
- Lithium disilicate: A durable dental porcelain
- Pressed ceramic: Strong and thicker than other types of veneers
- Stacked ceramic: Customizable veneers using stacked ceramic
Talk to one of our dental professionals to see the best options for you. Free veneer consultations in our New York dental offices are always available.
Getting dental veneers usually requires two visits to complete the process. The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken, and a shade match is determined by you and the dentist.
On the second visit, the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to allow bonding cement to adhere between the veneer and the tooth. A special light beam is used to harden and set the bonding cement.
Here are a few things to keep in mind after your first veneer appointment.
- Porcelain veneers, on average, last 10-20 years when taken care of properly.
- Your new smile will be permanent and will last many years.
- However, just as natural teeth can become damaged or worn, the same can happen with porcelain veneers.
- You should practice regular brushing and flossing just as you would with natural teeth to prevent cavities and stains.
Your First Visit
Modern DentistryAll the latest technology can be found at our New York dental offices.
Judgment-Free OfficeWe're here to help you feel confident in your smile. We provide a safe, judge-free zone for any dental issue or concern you have.
On Your ScheduleTaking care of your dental health should fit within your schedule. We are open late and on weekends so you can get the care you need.
With hundreds of 5-star reviews, need we say more?
Frequently Asked Questions
They can last up to 10-20 years, on average.
By practicing regular brushing and flossing.
The procedure is minimally invasive, and most people find it pain-free. The advantage of veneers over full crowns is that less of the original tooth is removed during preparation.